We all accumulate disturbing experiences in our lives, some of which are blind spots which can cause psychological, emotional and mental distress. These stresses may manifest in psychosomatic symptoms such as headaches, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, tension and other types of distressing bodily experiences as well as behavioural and relationship problems.
At Psycare Consultants, we engage in counselling and psychotherapy to enable individuals to tap into resilient and adaptive resources that are inherent. We practice an integrated approach to personal empowerment and self-directed neuroplasticity. This enables individuals to tap into neurological resources that rewires the brain and contribute to cognitive, affective and behavioural adaptations. We help Individuals to be equipped with therapeutic tools which they can access and utilise on an ongoing basis to regain balance and strength.
Difficulties which people face may be related to family or relationship issues, workplace issues, a personal crisis, an ongoing situation that has become untenable or life transitions. Our therapists help people deal with a wide range of issues including:
- Cross-cultural integration
- Adjustment and coping
- Anger management
- Inability to deal with stress or recover from stressful situations
- Lack of confidence of excessive shyness
- Grief and bereavement
- Other losses such as employment or divorce
- Marriage and relationship enrichment
- Sexuality issues
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive compulsive behaviour
- Abuse and trauma
- Work-related issues
- Performance enhancement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Personal growth
- Leadership coaching and development using neuroscience approaches
Children, like adults, can be affected by emotional strains that need to be resolved through psychotherapy. Depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, eating disorders, ADD/ADHD, poor academic performance, bullying, social isolation and shyness, adjustment and coping issues, substance abuse, suicidal thoughts, and other behavioural issues are some of the problems that young people struggle with today.
Psycare offers individual and family therapy and counselling for children and adolescents presenting with a variety of mental health issues including grief and loss, low self-esteem, social skills training, behaviour management, parenting skills, pre-teen and teen issues, separation/divorce, family-related issues and school-related issues.
We provide full educational, psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments of young children and adolescents in the following areas:
- Learning disabilities and dyslexia
- Intellectual and educational
Psychological tests are used in all walks of life to assess ability, personality and behaviour. Neuropsychological testing and assessment are an autonomous and separate professional psychological service at Psycare. They can also be used as an adjunct to counselling therapy. Psycare uses a range of standardised tests in its assessments and testing.
There are two categories of psychological tests:
- Tests of ability, aptitude or attainment
- Tests to assess personal qualities, beliefs, values, interests, motivation / performance.
Our clinic provides the following types of adullt psychological assessment and testing:
- Intellectual and educational
Organised by Growthworks, an affiliated organisation to Psycare Consultants, the psycho-neurological retreats are an intensive psychotherapeutic and transformational growth process which allows individuals a time of concentrated work on themselves. For more details, go to Growthworks.
From time to time, we run on-going workshops and support groups as follows:
- Personal growth and development
- Couple and marital enrichment
- Stress and anger management
- Parenting skills
- Parent support
- Eating disorders
- Interpersonal growth groups
For more details, go to Growthworks.
- Gestalt therapy training
- Psychodynamic therapy training
- Clinical supervision
- Neuroscience and psychotherapuetic processes
At Psycare, we work with counselling associates and consultants who can provide counselling and therapy in a variety of different languages including : French, Italian, Mandarin and Cantonese. We also work closely with consultant psychiatrists, occupational therapists, remedial educationalists and can make referrals where appropriate.
We offer corporations:
- Employee assistance counselling - Psycare takes referrals from employee assistance providers and work with their clients, providing written reports as requested. We currently take referrals from Human Dynamic (S) Pte Ltd and Workplace Options.
- Employee psychological assessment and screening
- Aptitude assessment and other types of psychological services
- Executive coaching
- Performance enhancement coaching
- Life skills coaching
- Positive Steps Psychology
- Shine Counselling
- Soulitude Consultants